Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 hrs
My dad's favorite shredded beef sandwich.
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 4 lbs beef brisket, trimmed of fat
- 3⁄4 cup hickoy-smoked flavored barbecue sauce
- 3⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 hoagie rolls, split
- Put the onions and green bell pepper in a 4 quart slow cooker.
- Cut the brisket across the grain into 3 pieces.
- Put the brisket on top of the vegetables (overlap to fit if needed).
- Mix together the barbecue sauce, chili sauce, and garlic in a bowl.
- Pour sauce over the brisket.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours.
- Remove brisket from slow cooker to a cutting board.
- Using 2 forks, shred the beef.
- Return beef to the slow cooker; stir into the sauce.
- Using a slotted spoon, spoon the beef onto the hoagie buns.
- Have lots of napkins handy.