Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a very good Chicken recipe. It produces a very moist, flavorful chicken with Gnocchi. It is a Real Simple recipe. We are not big fans of chicken legs, so I substitute chicken breasts.
- 4 chicken legs (drumsticks and thighs)
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 yellow onions, cut into wedges
- 1 lb gnocchi
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- Season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken skin side down and cook until the skin is crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the chicken and the broth, paprika and onions.
- Transfer to the over and cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Add gnocchi and continue cooking until the gnocchi are cooked through, about 15 minutes.