Prep 10 mins
Cook 28 mins
Found this in Family Circle magazine
- 8 slices smoked bacon
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- 8 slices bread
- 1⁄4 cup chipotle mayonnaise
- Heat oven to 400°F Place bacon strips on a rimmed baking sheet fitted with a wire rack. Bake bacon for 20 minutes, until crisp.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Coat grill lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Grill tomato slices 1-2 minutes per side until grill marks appear. Grill romaine leaves 1 minute per side. Grill avocado 2 minutes on cut side, then peel and slice. Grill bread 30 seconds to 1 minute per side.
- Spread 1 tbs chipotle mayonnaise on 4 of the bread slices. Place 2 bacon slices on top of each, along with a slice of grilled tomato, half a romaine leaf, and avocado slice. Top with remaining bread slices.