Recipe by Sharon123
The B actually stands for blue cheese in this wonderful sandwich.
Top Review by ~Leslie~
I had some good quality blue cheese on hand and what a perfect way to use the last of it up! The rosemary mayo was awesome and the flavours of this sandwich blended so well together. Delicious! Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT #8 :)
- 4 tablespoons rosemary mayonnaise (see directions below)
- 8 slices country style bread
- 5 ounces good quality blue cheese (Rogue River Smokey recommended- or other good smoked cheese)
- 1⁄4 head romaine lettuce
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes, cut into 8 slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (you could leave this out to lighten it up)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated garlic
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Rosemary Mayonnaise:.
- Combine the oil, rosemary, and garlic in a small pan over low heat, stirring occasionally and cook until garlic begins to sizzle--about 5 minutes. Remove from heat to cool completely.
- Stir the mayonnaise, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Whisk the lemon juice and the olive oil mixture into the mayonnaise until smooth. Stores refrigerated up to 5 days. Serving size: about 1 tbls. Makes about 1 cup.
- Prepare rosemary mayonnaise and spread on bread. Slice cheese into 1/3 inch thick pieces and divide among 4 slices of bread.
- Layer with lettuce and tomato and top with remaining bread slices.
- Slice in half and serve or wrap and chill for up to 3 hours.