Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
As published in Raley's Something Extra magazine.
- 2 (32 ounce) containers chicken stock
- 6 ounces dried black-eyed peas
- 2 cups diced smoked ham
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- Combine stock, black-eyed peas, ham and onion in a large pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 45 minutes. Add tomatoes, celery and seasonings. Simmer for 30 more minutes, adding bell pepper during the last minutes of cooking.