Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Black cod, also known as sablefish, is featured in this recipe adapted from “Cooking Alaskan” and “Seafood Moods.”
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (Best Foods, Helmann's, or Veganaise)
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 garlic clove, smashed and minced
- 3 cups sliced cooked potatoes, chilled
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2⁄3 cup sliced radish (optional)
- 1 tablespoon minced red onions or 1 tablespoon purple onion
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion (scallions)
- 1⁄2 lb black smoked cod or 1⁄2 lb other smoked fish fillet, flaked
- butter lettuce leaf (or other small lettuce leaves)
- pacific pink shrimp, for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, Dijon mustard, tarragon, salt, celery seed, and garlic.
- Fold in the chilled potatoes. Place in an an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 3 hours to blend the flavors.
- Add the celery, radishes (if using), red or purple onion, green onions (scallions), and the flaked black cod, and carefully mix (try not to break up the fish pieces too much).
- Arrange the salad in the center of a chilled, lettuce-lined serving dish and garnish with additional sliced smoked fish and/or Pacific pink shrimp.
- Makes 6 servings.