Recipe by Lille
A family favourite and great way to use up leftover ham. I serve it with garnishes like sour cream, grated Cheddar, chopped tomatoes, hot sauce and cilantro.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes (or 1 1/2 cups passata)
- 2 cups ham, chopped
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute onions, garlic and celery in the vegetable oil until softened.
- Add oregano, cumin, coriander, chili powder and paprika. Cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with garnishes like sour cream or yogurt, grated cheese, chopped fresh tomatoes and cilantro.