Recipe by Peter J
Very crisp and tasty main dish or they would also make a nice entree with sweet chilli sauce for dipping.
Top Review by Chef floWer
Yummy, I found some liquid smoke in the US section of David Jones so I had a bottle sitting in the pantry. I used non-alcoholic beer (yes Australian Coopers Brewery Beer sell some) and I substitute a real egg with an egg replacer. The chicken was excellent, really moist and the flavours were outstanding. Thank you again Peter J
- 300 g chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- oil, to deep fry
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a wok or fry pan and cook chicken until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Combine beer, flour, egg, liquid smoke, baking powder and pepper in a small bowl and mix well.
- Dip chicken pieces in batter mix and deep fry in hot oil a few at a time until light brown and crispy.