Recipe by Krsi Sue
I'm unable to eat flour noodles, so am always looking for something in its place. This was originally from Family Circle magazine. Marinate for 2 hours.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks, cut into 1/4-inch slices across the grain
- 5 tablespoons smoky barbecue sauce
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) package cellophane noodles
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 head broccoli, cut up
- 1 cup broth, beef
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Place meat in a large resealable plastic bag & spoon in 4 tbsp of sauce. Squeeze bag to coat meat.
- Refrigerate to marinate for 2 hours.
- Soak noodles in hot water for 10 minutes and drain.
- Add 1 tbsp oil and brocolli to a heated skillet.
- Stirfry for 5 minutes.
- Add water and cover for 3 minutes or until brocolli is tender.
- Remove from skillet & reserve.
- Add 1 tbsp oil and meat to skillet & stirfry on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Blend broth, cornstarch and remaining grilling sauce, orange juice & zest together.
- Add to the skillet with the beef.
- Stir in broccoli and simmer for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Stir drained noodles into skillet for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.