Recipe by Sharon123
Just the name of this recipe makes my mouth water! The chipotle chilies give it the smoked flavor. You can use canned beans and save a lot of time. Enjoy! Prep time includes soaking. A Spanish recipe.
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
Delicious! This is sweet, but not too sweet, and it has a lot of flavor. I used a can of navy beans and a can of kidney beans (what I had on-hand), but otherwise followed the recipe closely. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 cups great northern beans (or, if you prefer, use canned beans)
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 3 tablespoons light molasses
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped canned chipotle chiles
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beans in a large bowl.
- Add enough cold water to cover by 2 inches.
- Let stand at least 4 hours.
- or overnight.
- Combine vinegar and mustard seeds in medium bowl.
- Let stand at least 1 hours.
- or up to 4.
- Drain beans.
- Place in a heavy large saucepan.
- Add enough water to cover beans by 3 inches.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer till tender, about 50 minutes.
- Drain, cool beans completely.
- Whisk sun dried tomatoes, molasses,and chilis into vinegar mixture.
- Gradually whisk in oil.
- Combine beans, onion, and parsley in bowl.
- Add enough dressing to coat salad.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- You can prepare this 6 hours.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Bring to room temperature.
- before serving.