Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This smoky flavored brisket is great for sandwiches or by itself. Start it before leaving the house in the morning and come home to a great meal.
Top Review by GREG IN SAN DIEGO
Wonderful! I was skeptical, because I've always prepared brisket with my outdoor smoker. That's time-consuming and lots of work, however. This is way simple and the results are really great. I followed the recipe precisely and I wouldn't change a thing. I'll be making this over and over!
- 2 -3 lbs fresh beef brisket
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from brisket. If necessary, cut to fit into crock pot.
- Combine chili powder, garlic powder, celery seed and pepper; rub evenly over meat. Place meat in a 3 1/2-5 quart crock pot.
- For sauce, combine catsup, chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke and dry mustard. Pour over brisket.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours. Remove meat from cooker. Cut the brisket into thin slices across the grain. Skim fat off juices in cooker; serve juices with meat.