Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make and share this Smoky Baked Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 100 g smoked bacon, diced into small pieces
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1⁄4 bunch thyme
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 (400 g) tin white beans (haricots blancs)
- 1 (400 g) tin red kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon black treacle
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 125 g tomato passata
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Put the bacon into a large saucepan over a moderate heat and allow the fat to render and the bacon to cook.
- Add the onion, garlic, thyme and paprika, and cook until golden. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, cover and allow to sit for a couple of hours for the flavour to develop. Before serving, remove the thyme and heat through until simmering.