Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sweet potatoes are delicious as a savory side. I like them much better this way than with loads of sugar. I've made sweet potatoes semi-"twice baked" before and with furthering tweaking came up with this. Hope you enjoy!
- 1020.58 g sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 59.16 ml butter
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 8 slice crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 1 small chipotle chile in adobo, remove seeds and slice in small pieces
- 236.59 ml sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 118.29 ml pecans, chopped and toasted
- Cover potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook until tender and then drain.
- Mash potatoes, add butter, sour cream, sugar, cheese, chipotle pepper and bacon; mix well.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and black pepper.
- Top with toasted pecans just before serving.
This is a wonderful sweet potato recipe. I really enjoyed the smoky chipotle pepper taste with the crunch of the bacon and pecans. Next time I make this dish, I will add two or maybe three chipotle chilies to really kick it up another notch. Thanks for posting this recipe. Adopted for PAC April 2008.