Recipe by Audrey M
A wonderful recipe from Betty Crocker herself. If you are looking for something a little different from barbecue ribs this recipe is it.
Top Review by kroberts1140
Thank you so much for posting this. My mother has the same Betty Crocker book and gave me the recipe, but I lost it before I got to make it. I did a search hoping I'd find it and here it is! This is awesome with fresh cole slaw, and even better is the pulled pork sandwiches the next day -- IF there's any left. It makes your house smell yummy, too.
- 3 lbs country-style boneless pork ribs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup apple butter
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper.
- In 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker, place ribs. Cover with onion slices.
- In small bowl, mix remaining ingredients, pour over ribs and onions.
- Cover, cook on LOW heat for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove ribs from cooker, place on serving platter. Cover to keep warm.
- Pour juices from cooker through strainer into 1 quart saucepan. Heat to boiling over medium-high hfeat; reduce heat to medium.
- Cook about 5 minutes or until sauce has slightly thickened.
- Serve sauce with ribs.