Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A wonderful recipe from Betty Crocker herself. If you are looking for something a little different from barbecue ribs this recipe is it.
- 3 lbs country-style boneless pork ribs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup apple butter
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper.
- In 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker, place ribs. Cover with onion slices.
- In small bowl, mix remaining ingredients, pour over ribs and onions.
- Cover, cook on LOW heat for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove ribs from cooker, place on serving platter. Cover to keep warm.
- Pour juices from cooker through strainer into 1 quart saucepan. Heat to boiling over medium-high hfeat; reduce heat to medium.
- Cook about 5 minutes or until sauce has slightly thickened.
- Serve sauce with ribs.
Thank you so much for posting this. My mother has the same Betty Crocker book and gave me the recipe, but I lost it before I got to make it. I did a search hoping I'd find it and here it is! This is awesome with fresh cole slaw, and even better is the pulled pork sandwiches the next day -- IF there's any left. It makes your house smell yummy, too.
I was searching for a recipe for pork ribs and I happen to see this recipe. It had a nice flavor and I used Recipe #143307. I had one last jar lefted :) Thanks for sharing the recipe!