Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Oh yum - and this is low calorie and good for you! From Feb 2007 Goodhousekeeping and the supermarket diet.
- 118.29 ml salted almond, smoked
- 1 slice white bread, lightly toasted and torn into pieces
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 59.14 ml reduced-fat sour cream
- 118.29 ml barbecue sauce (sweet baby ray's)
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In food processor, pulse almonds, bread, and pepper until coarsely chopped; transfer to waxed paper.
- In pie plate, mix sour cream with 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce.
- Dip chicken into sour-cream mixture, then into almond mixture to coat, firmly pressed so mixture adheres; arrange on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake until chicken looses its pink color throughout, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with remaining sauce.
Delicious and easy recipe. I used the original Sweet Baby Ray's bbq. My grocery store also did not carry the smoked almonds but followed the recommendation of another reviewer and used liquid smoke. I added 1 tsp of liquid smoke with 1/2 cup unsalted, blanched almonds and a dash of salt. I roasted the almonds in the 400 degree oven (with the liquid smoke) for 5 minutes and then followed the food processing instructions. Great!!
Very, very good. I also didn't have the smokehouse-type almonds, but I did have bulk slivered almonds. I toasted those briefly in a skillet and then added kosher salt and a dab of liquid smoke as was suggested by someone else. Using Jack Daniel's Spicy sauce it was quite good. The DH practically howled and barked at the moon, which is always a good sign. I also took Susie D's suggestion of the Rosemary Potatoes and that went over quite well too. A successful supper!!!
I love under thirty minute recipes and am always on the search for good ones. This recipe definitely is that! The chicken has such a nice flavor and came out with a crispy coating and moist interior. I served with Awesome Green Beans and Rosemary Potatoes - Microwave. Thank you for sharing a recipe I will use again! Reviewed for ZWT 3.