Recipe by MA HIKER
Oh yum - and this is low calorie and good for you! From Feb 2007 Goodhousekeeping and the supermarket diet.
Top Review by Brooke's Kitchen
Delicious and easy recipe. I used the original Sweet Baby Ray's bbq. My grocery store also did not carry the smoked almonds but followed the recommendation of another reviewer and used liquid smoke. I added 1 tsp of liquid smoke with 1/2 cup unsalted, blanched almonds and a dash of salt. I roasted the almonds in the 400 degree oven (with the liquid smoke) for 5 minutes and then followed the food processing instructions. Great!!
- 1⁄2 cup salted almond, smoked
- 1 slice white bread, lightly toasted and torn into pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce (sweet baby ray's)
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In food processor, pulse almonds, bread, and pepper until coarsely chopped; transfer to waxed paper.
- In pie plate, mix sour cream with 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce.
- Dip chicken into sour-cream mixture, then into almond mixture to coat, firmly pressed so mixture adheres; arrange on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake until chicken looses its pink color throughout, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with remaining sauce.