Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These crisp, tasty potatoes are seasoned with salt, pepper, fresh garlic and smoky and spicy chipotle peppers. Can be served as a side or an Appetizer.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ruby gold baby potatoes, washed and sliced in half
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon chipotle chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- In micro wave dish mix potatoes oil and garlic.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes toss and cook 3 more minutes.
- Toss in chipotle sauce and spread in a single layer on a sheet pan season with salt and pepper and broil to crisp and tender about 3-5 minutes.
- Place on a serving platter and dot with butter.
- Season with more salt and pepper if needed.
These were really good. Instead of the chili sauce I used Italian dressing cause I didn't have the chili sauce but next time I will give it a few more minutes in the micro cause some of mine were still hard.
I was thinking what to do with the potatoes in my pantry when I saw this recipe. I decided to try it and I'm really glad I did. It's very easy to make and has a fantastic taste.
This is a very tasty recipe but the best part is how fast and easy it is! I did use a chipotle chili sauce and for those that like their bite with a bit of sweet - that's for you. For those like us who prefer no sweetness, I'd go like the other reviewers who just used a mix of spicy powder and actual minced peppers. I think a mix of fresh garlic and garlic salt (or powder) instead of all fresh garlic would help lessen the sweet side as well. But truly - it is SO easy, not to mention FAST with excellent results. Definitely a technique for potatoe's that I will be keeping. Thank you for sharing this - made for ZWT4