Recipe by Queen Dragon Mom
Called "Wild Willy's One-derful Rub" by the Jamisons (Smoke & Spice, p. 105, 1994 Harvard Common Press) this is our favorite rub for beef brisket on the side-smoker, or the stovetop for that matter. Try it and let me know what you think?
- 3⁄4 cup paprika
- 1⁄4 cup black pepper, ground
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, turbinado is best
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
Directions See How It's Made
- The night before you plan to smoke, mix all ingredients.
- Rub all over your "guest of honor," wrap in foil, plastic wrap or a large bag, and refrigerate overnight.
- (I use plastic wrap and squeeze all the air out. This seems to work best for me).
- 30 minutes before you will start cooking, take meat from the fridge and set it out to come to room temperature.