Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
The smoked apples add a lovely flavor to a classic waldorf salad. Great for a BBQ dinner.
- 4 apples
- walnut oil
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 limes, juice of
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- apple wood chips
- Soak Apple wood chips in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Preheat barbecue to the temperature of 220°F.
- Drain apple wood chips and place them on the grill.
- Coat the apples liberally with the Walnut oil and place them on preheated grill.
- Cook for about a 1 hour or until apples are deeply browned and soft.
- Remove from grill and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Peel apples and cut into bit size chunks.
- Combine apples, celery, raisins and walnuts in a bowl.
- In another smaller bowl combine mayo, yogurt, lime juice and sugar.
- Pour over apple mixture, mix well and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.