Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A unbelievably easy, incredible tasting bbq sauce that was given to me by a friend. Its a refreshing digression from complicated sauce recipes with the same out come. For an easy meal, toss in left over chopped beef, pork or chicken after bringing to a boil for amazing bbq for sandwiches.
- 236.59 ml ketchup
- 236.59 ml apple cider vinegar (can substitute plain)
- 118.29 ml molasses
- 118.29 ml honey
- 7.39 ml liquid smoke
- 3.69 ml salt
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- 4.92 ml Tabasco sauce or 4.92 ml hot sauce
- Whisk to combine all ingredients in a sauce pan over high heat.
- Once sauce comes to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If sauce is too thick thin with a little vinegar.
- Yeah, its that easy. Enjoy!
This is an excellent bar-b-que sauce. I used on smoked sausages and simmered them on low for about 45 minutes. One addition to this I been meaning to add. I cut the vinegar down to half of the suggested it seemed like too much when I made the first time. I absolutely love this sauce though. WOW!
This BBQ Sauce is so very good!! I think is it really close to sweet baby rays!! I had ran short of sweet baby rays and mixed this up and had everything on hand. Wonderful Just Wonderful!! Thank You very much for saving the day!! Hugs
Sweet and tangy; really excellent!