This is a great mix of pretzel sticks, smoked almonds and sesame sticks. Bag these up so they can be taken with you when you're on the run! Or they are great for snacks at home too. From the Neely's Celebration Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups thin pretzel sticks
- 1 (10 ounce) can roasted smoked almonds
- 2 cups sesame sticks
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted (1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon bbq seasoning (recipe follows)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1Preheat the oven to 250*F.
- 2Toss the pretzels, almonds, and sesame sticks in a large bowl. Melt the butter in a saucepan, and whisk in the brown sugar, bbq seasoning, and cayenne pepper. Drizzle the butter mixture over the snack mix, and toss to coat.
- 3Spread the mixture evenly over two rimmed sheet trays, and bake for 30 minutes, tossing and stirring the mixture halfway through cooking.
- 5Bbq seasoning:.
- 6Stir together all the ingredients in a bowl. If stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place, this seasoning will last up to 6 months. Mades 2 1/2 cups.
Browse Our Top Nuts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smokin' Snack Mix
Serving Size: 1 (824 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.7
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 17.4 mg
- Sodium 79.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.1 g
- Sugars 31.8 g
- Protein 12.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: