Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great mix of pretzel sticks, smoked almonds and sesame sticks. Bag these up so they can be taken with you when you're on the run! Or they are great for snacks at home too. From the Neely's Celebration Cookbook.
- 3 cups thin pretzel sticks
- 1 (10 ounce) canroasted smoked almonds
- 2 cups sesame sticks
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted (1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon bbq seasoning (recipe follows)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups paprika
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 3⁄4 tablespoons onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 250*F.
- Toss the pretzels, almonds, and sesame sticks in a large bowl. Melt the butter in a saucepan, and whisk in the brown sugar, bbq seasoning, and cayenne pepper. Drizzle the butter mixture over the snack mix, and toss to coat.
- Spread the mixture evenly over two rimmed sheet trays, and bake for 30 minutes, tossing and stirring the mixture halfway through cooking.
- Bbq seasoning:.
- Stir together all the ingredients in a bowl. If stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place, this seasoning will last up to 6 months. Mades 2 1/2 cups.