Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I really wanted a great spicy sauce for home, so I developed this from my own hot wing sauce. I took some things out and put some in. It seems like a lot of ingredients, but the flavor is well worth it. It is a good baste for both pork and beef ribs. It sticks really well on sirloin and that is what I mostly use it for.
- 1 pint whiskey (alcohol ignited out and chilled)
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 3 cups tap water
- 3⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 cups pureed canned mango
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon super fine ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- in large "non-corrosive" stock pot, whisk together tomato paste and tap water.
- Add remaining "wet" ingredients. Slowly bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir in "dry" ingredients. Lower mixture to a simmer and cook approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours until desired thickness.