When I read this recipe to my DH he was practically drooling! Uses smoked Gouda and smoked ham. Can't wait to try! I'd never heard of cellentani pasta, but discovered it resembles a corkscrew, so I'll probably sub some rotini or fusilli. From Southern Living and credited to Heather Markowski of Rochester, NY.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb uncooked cellentani pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package chopped cooked smoked ham
- 2 cups corn flakes cereal, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Prepare pasta according to package directions and transfer hot pasta to a large bowl.
- 3Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Gradually whisk in flour until smooth; cook, whisking constantly, 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
- 4Whisk in Gouda, cream cheese, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper until smooth.
- 5Remove from heat, and stir in chopped ham.
- 6Combine pasta and Gouda cheese mixture, and pour into a lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- 7Stir together 2 cups crushed cereal, 2 tablespoons melted butter, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon red pepper; sprinkle over pasta mixture.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smokin' Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 570.7
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 95.2 mg
- Sodium 1125.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 26.5 g