Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
YES! Here is another Jalapeno Popper recipe. This one is from the Northwest (not that, that makes a difference.) This one is from, a local TV cookbook by "KTCS Cooks" (Favorite Recipes) Dated 2004. Todd in Newcastle sent it in.
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomato
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 14 -28 jalapeno peppers
- 1 lb thinly sliced bacon
- Preheat the grill to medium high.
- Mix all packages of cream cheese with garlic, sundried tomatoes, basil and salt.
- Mix until smooth.
- Cut a small slice on one side of the pepper and remove all of the meat and seed from the jalapeno. (I have used the extra jalapeno, finely chopped, in the cream cheese mixture also, only if you like it HOT!).
- Fill the opening of the jalapeno with the cream cheese mixture using a pastry bag, or whatever kitchen tool allows you to fill it the easiest. (some times I have found that a steak knife works the best.)
- Be careful not to overfill, as filling may spurt out during cooking.
- Wrap each pepper with 1 strip of bacon, securing the opening in the pepper with a pre-socked toothpick. (If serving a large crowd and you are using long metal or wood skewers this works also.).
- Barbeque the peppers until the bacon is fully cooked.
Great jalapenos! Loved the sundried tomatoes and basil with the cream cheese. I par-boil my jalapenos whole for a few minutes -- this takes out some of the heat and makes them less "raw" tasting. Then I split them on the side (vertically & horizontaly), fill them and wrap that lucious bacon around them. I scaled the recipe down for the two of us and it turned out great -- will definitely make them again. Made for PRMR, July, 2013.
GRRRrrreat is what I would call this recipe. Love Jalapeno Poppers and I love this recipe. I had some bacon bits already made in the freezer so instead of wrapping the pepper with bacon I mixed the bits in with the other ingredients - Got rave reviews Mmmmm
These are great! We loved the addition of the basil and sundried tomato. I omitted the salt (personal preference). I reduced the amount of filling, but still had yummy leftovers... guess I better go get some more jalapenos! :D Thanks for sharing!