1/9 Photos of Smokin' Jalapeno Poppers
YES! Here is another Jalapeno Popper recipe. This one is from the Northwest (not that, that makes a difference.) This one is from, a local TV cookbook by "KTCS Cooks" (Favorite Recipes) Dated 2004. Todd in Newcastle sent it in.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the grill to medium high.
- 2Mix all packages of cream cheese with garlic, sundried tomatoes, basil and salt.
- 3Mix until smooth.
- 4Cut a small slice on one side of the pepper and remove all of the meat and seed from the jalapeno. (I have used the extra jalapeno, finely chopped, in the cream cheese mixture also, only if you like it HOT!).
- 5Fill the opening of the jalapeno with the cream cheese mixture using a pastry bag, or whatever kitchen tool allows you to fill it the easiest. (some times I have found that a steak knife works the best.)
- 6Be careful not to overfill, as filling may spurt out during cooking.
- 7Wrap each pepper with 1 strip of bacon, securing the opening in the pepper with a pre-socked toothpick. (If serving a large crowd and you are using long metal or wood skewers this works also.).
- 8Barbeque the peppers until the bacon is fully cooked.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smokin' Jalapeno Poppers
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 755.9
- Calories from Fat 664
- Total Fat 73.8 g
- Saturated Fat 34.8 g
- Cholesterol 186.8 mg
- Sodium 1018.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 15.8 g