Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 453.59 g turkey, chopped
- 29.58 ml cooking oil
- 2 red potatoes, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 2 (850.48 g) can black beans, drained
- 236.59 ml fresh tomato, chopped
- 793.78 g can tomatoes, crushed, pureed
- 1 fresh green chilies, with skin removed, seeded and chopped or 1 (4-ounce) can or 113.39 g can green chilies, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 29.58 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- 4.92 ml cumin, ground
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 9.85 ml honey or 9.85 ml brown sugar
- Garnish: shredded cheese and chopped onion Heat 1 Tbsp.
- oil in 4-quart pan over medium-high heat. Add chopped Turkey and saute about 4 minutes until light brown.
- Drain and set aside. Heat remaining 1 tbsp.
- oil in 4-quart pan and saute potatoes for 4 minutes.
- Stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- Add red bell pepper, onions, and garlic. Saute 2 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- S tir in turkey, beans, fresh tomatoes, canned tomatoes in puree, fresh or canned green chili, jalapeno pepper, chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, bay leaf, and honey or brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Top with shredded cheese and chopped onion, if desired.
- (Note: To remove the skin from the fresh green chili, place under broiler until the skin bubbles. Turn over and broil the other side. Cool in a damp towel. Then carefully peel off the skin.)
This was seriously the best chili that I have ever tasted in my life.
Great recipe! Easy to put together & it's so hearty - definitely going to keep this one handy!
Yeeeooowch! Double hot from the cayenne and jalapeno! Good stuff. I cheated and used all canned tomatoes and canned chopped jalapenos as well. Yum yum, thanks for the great recipe!