1/2 Photos of Smokin' Irish-Mex Turkey Chili
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb turkey, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 red potatoes, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 1 cup fresh tomato, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, crushed, pureed
- 1 fresh green chilies, with skin removed, seeded and chopped or 1 (4-ounce) can or 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons honey or 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1Garnish: shredded cheese and chopped onion Heat 1 Tbsp.
- 2oil in 4-quart pan over medium-high heat. Add chopped Turkey and saute about 4 minutes until light brown.
- 3Drain and set aside. Heat remaining 1 tbsp.
- 4oil in 4-quart pan and saute potatoes for 4 minutes.
- 5Stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- 6Add red bell pepper, onions, and garlic. Saute 2 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- 7S tir in turkey, beans, fresh tomatoes, canned tomatoes in puree, fresh or canned green chili, jalapeno pepper, chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, bay leaf, and honey or brown sugar.
- 8Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- 9Top with shredded cheese and chopped onion, if desired.
- 10(Note: To remove the skin from the fresh green chili, place under broiler until the skin bubbles. Turn over and broil the other side. Cool in a damp towel. Then carefully peel off the skin.)
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smokin' Irish-Mex Turkey Chili
Serving Size: 1 (726 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 620.7
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 135.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.2 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 42.5 g