Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had some leftover Christmas ham that I froze & was thinking of something different to make with it, besides the usual ham loaf, ham salad, etc. I came up with this. Turned out pretty tasty!!! I used the grinder attachment with the coarse grinding plate on our KitchenAid Artisan mixer & then mixed everything with the paddle.
- 5 cups ground ham, pre-cooked (I used Sugardale ham)
- 1 medium white onion, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups barbecue sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's hickory & brown sugar)
- 4 tablespoons water (or pineapple juice, if you have some)
- 8 hamburger buns
- 8 slices swiss cheese (or any other WI made cheese)
- Grind the ham, using the coarse grinding plate -- you should have approximately 5 cups.
- Grind the onion the same way.
- Add the remaing ingredients & mix well, but don't overmix. The amount of barbecue sauce is up to you, depending on how "sloppy" you want the mixture.
- Heat in a large skillet over med-high heat, stirring often until heated through.
- WATCH CLOSELY SO IT DOESN'T BURN!
- Serve on buns as you would for Sloppy Joe's.
- Top with WI made Swiss Cheese & ENJOY!