Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
You can sprinkle grated cheddar cheese on top towards the end of baking. If you prefer a sweeter taste, then add in more brown sugar to taste. To make this into a main dish throw in some cooked ground beef or even some tiny meatballs. Can be made in a crockpot also
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups favorite barbecue sauce
- 3⁄4 cup dark beer
- 1⁄4 cup light molasses
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced canned chipotle chile (or use chipotle powder, can use more)
- 6 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet cook bacon until crisp; cool and chop finely.
- Transfer about 3 tablespoon bacon grease to a large bowl.
- Add in onion and the next 8 ingredients (7 ingredients if omitting garlic) to the bowl and mix well to combine.
- Add in chopped chipotle chilies, or chipotle powder (to taste) mix to combine.
- Stir in beans.
- Transfer to a 13 x 9-inch greased baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour, or until mixture thickens.
- Cool 10 minutes before serving.