Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a lightly Smokey spicy dark smooth sauce that's finger licking GREAT! Wonderful on chicken, I also used it in my pulled pork. Make a great sandwich! Add to a pot of baked beans..... Make a bunch and can for gifts!
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo (diced and seeds removed for less heat plus 2 tablespoon adobo sauce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- fresh cracked pepper
- Add all ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium high heat stirring often until it comes to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer till mixture thickens.
I get requests for this every year for our cookout. Thanks Rita!
This sauce is truly exceptional. I did add additional molasses to suit our tastes and also added both chipolte chilies as suggested. I will definitely make this again, Rita! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe : )