Recipe by Snicklefritzie
This is a good slow cooker recipe. Fast to put together, smells and tastes fabulous!
Top Review by fluffystew
Hearty! I used a 900 ml carton of beef broth instead of the canned broth and water because it roughly equals the 30 oz of liquid. I started it in the slow cooker on high but began to worry when it was an hour before dinner and I didn't see any bubbles. It was stone cold - I guess because of all the frozen vegetables. I transferred it to the stove and it turned out great. I did add one clove of minced garlic. Even better the next day, but there wasn't much broth left, so it was more like a stew. My DH added some Franks Red Hot sauce to his for some added kick. Thanks-it's a keeper! Made for PAC Spring 2009.
- 1⁄2 lb smoked sausage, sliced thin
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups o'brien frozen potatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste