Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Diners, Drive-ins and Dives on Food Network.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion, divided
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Combine eggs and salmon and cook until soft.
- Add cream cheese and mix until smooth texture, add 1/4 cup green onions and scramble.
- Serve on plates and garnish with the remaining 1/4 cup green onions.
This was really very tasty, and made for a nice satisfying breakfast. I also scaled this to one serving - and made a few changes. Rather than oil, I used butter. Since it said crumbled smoked salmon, I had to find the real wood-smoked thing instead of lox. I used cream cheese with chives, and decided to forgo the raw green onion sprinkled on top. I sauteed green onion in the butter for a minute or two before adding the egg mixture, and then scrambled everything together. Served on some toast, it was delicious! Made for PRMR Tag Game.
I scaled for one serve and with a slice of wholemeal/wholegrain toast it made a wonderful and delicious and quick breakfast. thank you ElizabethKnicely, made for Please Review My Recipe tag game.