Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A hit at cook-outs and parties. Very filling!
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans
- 2 tablespoons TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 4 ounces grated monterey jack cheese
- 4 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning
- 1 diced tomato
- 1⁄2 diced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, chopped with seeds
- 4 ounces sliced black olives
- 1⁄4 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- Mix 1 cup sour cream with refried beans,Tabasco and taco seasoning. Be sure to reserve 1/4 cup sour cream for the final step. Spray baking pan with baking spray, fill pan with bean mixture.
- Top bean mixture with grated cheese, cover pan with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until dip is heated through.
- Top with red onion, jalepeno, black olives, romaine lettuce, cilantro and tomato.
- Place 1/4 cup sour cream in a plastic baggie, close baggie up. Pierce or slice with scissors, a very small hole on one of the corners of the baggie. Squirt sour cream in a fun design on top.
- Serve with chips.
Here's another recipe that I probably changed enough so that it wasn't what was intended, but I just can't stop myself when it comes to reducing the HOT HOT! So, first off I made just half a recipe & the Tabasco sauce went down to 2 teaspoons & I used less than 1/4 of a small jalapeno seeded! I was very pleased with the results, & although guests chided me for reducing the heat, the whole thing was devoured in no time, so . . . Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adotees in the current Pick-A-Chef]