Recipe by Caramella Girl
Looking for a moist piece of chicken, full of flavor with a crispy skin? Try this recipe that I whipped up in my kitchen using a mayo coating, a mix of spices, flax seed and bacon.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Great recipe, Caramella Girl! I got lazy, though, and put all the ingredients in a large bowl and just mixed it real good and added the wings. Stirred them around real good, and on to the baking sheet. I did get mine a little too dark, because I got a visitor just as the buzzer went off! Got rid of visitor real quick, but still a little too long under the broiler. I will make these again, with just a little more heat. Oh, yeah, forgot to mention I used a little Liquid Smoke, as I didn't have smoky paprika. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Caramella Girl. Made for PAC Fall 2009.
- 2.46 ml seasoning salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- 2.46 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml red pepper flakes
- 4-6 slice smoked bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled into bits
- 14.79 ml ground flax seeds
- 78.07 ml mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g chicken wings
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, mix spices with bacon bits, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise and olive. Add chicken wings to the bowl and coat with mixture.
- Place coated chicken wings into a plastic bag. Then, pour spices over them. Close bag and shake until well combined.
- Remove wings from bag and place on baking sheet, skin side down.
- Bake for 50 minutes, turning over wings after 25 minutes. After baking, turn wings over again and broil on low for 2 to 5 minutes.