Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a fabulous soup for winter or a rainy day when you want comfort food. Plus it is cheap and easy to make!
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 red potatoes, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced thin
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 28 ounces vegetable broth (or chicken)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar (cider vinegar would probably be good too)
- Sauté all of the veggies until tender.
- Add beans and spices, then broth, liquid smoke and vinegar. Cook until everything is heated through.
- Serve hot with crusty bread.