Recipe by April #7
This recipe was on the Durkee Grill Creations Smokey Mesquite bottle. I shop at Sam's Club and they had samples and they were so good that I had to get everything to make these. It is not on the bottle that I got the last time so I thought I would post it here. I have never used the bourbon which is optional. I also use the bone in pork chops sometimes. I have just sprinkled the seasoning over before frying and they turn out great. I have added the marinate time to the prep time. Enjoy! They recipe calls for Durkee grill creations seasoning not powder but it keeps coming up as powder.
Top Review by sleepycat
It doesn't get any easier than this recipe. The flavor is a wonderful blend of citrus, BBQ, and a touch of sweetness. It is also economical for us, because these are ingredients I usually have on hand. I left out the alcohol and used bone-in chops. I used a different brand of mesquite seasoning, too. Everyone enjoyed them! Thanks for posting.
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon bourbon whiskey (optional)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons durkee grill creations smokey mesquite powder
- 2 lbs boneless pork chops
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine orange juice, bourbon (if using), brown sugar, and mesquite seasoning in a shallow bowl or zip lock bag.
- Add pork chops, cover or zip and marinate in refridgerator a minimum of 1 hour.
- Grill or broil pork chops over medium heat for 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.