Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was on the Durkee Grill Creations Smokey Mesquite bottle. I shop at Sam's Club and they had samples and they were so good that I had to get everything to make these. It is not on the bottle that I got the last time so I thought I would post it here. I have never used the bourbon which is optional. I also use the bone in pork chops sometimes. I have just sprinkled the seasoning over before frying and they turn out great. I have added the marinate time to the prep time. Enjoy! They recipe calls for Durkee grill creations seasoning not powder but it keeps coming up as powder.
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon bourbon whiskey (optional)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons durkee grill creations smokey mesquite powder
- 2 lbs boneless pork chops
- Combine orange juice, bourbon (if using), brown sugar, and mesquite seasoning in a shallow bowl or zip lock bag.
- Add pork chops, cover or zip and marinate in refridgerator a minimum of 1 hour.
- Grill or broil pork chops over medium heat for 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
It doesn't get any easier than this recipe. The flavor is a wonderful blend of citrus, BBQ, and a touch of sweetness. It is also economical for us, because these are ingredients I usually have on hand. I left out the alcohol and used bone-in chops. I used a different brand of mesquite seasoning, too. Everyone enjoyed them! Thanks for posting.