Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
An American classic with a Mediterranean twist! Recipe courtesy Spice Islands. Course, you could have guessed that. ;)
Top Review by *Parsley*
I loved this combination of cheeses and the smoky flavor from the smoked paprika. It was very quick and easy to make as well. It's not your typical kid's mac and cheese. I popped mine in the oven for just a bit to slightly brown the top. Yummy! Thanx!
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon spice islands smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon spice islands ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon spice islands medium grind black pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon spice islands sea salt
- 8 ounces dry small shell pasta
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup shredded colby cheese
- 1 cup shredded Fontina cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated manchego cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine eggs, evaporated milk, smoked paprika, dry mustard, black pepper and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain thoroughly. Return pasta to pot and pour in egg mixture. Cook on low heat without boiling. Add butter and stir for three minutes to combine.
- Slowly add cheese; stirring constantly. Cook over medium-low heat until cheese is melted and sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.