Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
An American classic with a Mediterranean twist! Recipe courtesy Spice Islands. Course, you could have guessed that. ;)
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon spice islands smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon spice islands ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon spice islands medium grind black pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon spice islands sea salt
- 8 ounces dry small shell pasta
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup shredded colby cheese
- 1 cup shredded Fontina cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated manchego cheese
- Combine eggs, evaporated milk, smoked paprika, dry mustard, black pepper and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain thoroughly. Return pasta to pot and pour in egg mixture. Cook on low heat without boiling. Add butter and stir for three minutes to combine.
- Slowly add cheese; stirring constantly. Cook over medium-low heat until cheese is melted and sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
I loved this combination of cheeses and the smoky flavor from the smoked paprika. It was very quick and easy to make as well. It's not your typical kid's mac and cheese. I popped mine in the oven for just a bit to slightly brown the top. Yummy! Thanx!
I made this recipe last night when I was in need of a dinner that could be made quickly with minimal prep. This certainly was easy and came together fast. We found this to be way too rich for us and we didn't love the flavor combinations even though I like all of the ingredients individually. Sorry it did not work out for us.