1/7 Photos of Smokey Honey Glazed Chicken
1 hr 5 mins
Chef Jean's Note:
I made this up as a special at a restaurant I used to work at. It was a pretty good seller. I made it for my husband the other night and he loved it too.
My Private Note
half ch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut chicken in half removing back bone. You will be working with two half chickens.
- 2Cut three TBSP of butter off the stick and cut those into a small dice.
- 3Pull back skin on chicken and rub the meat with salt, pepper, and the chopped garlic. Put the diced butter evenly under the skin and put the skin back in place. Season the top of the skin with salt and pepper.
- 4In a small sauce pan melt the remaining butter, honey, liquid smoke and red pepper.
- 5Place chicken in a roasting pan and pour half the butter mixture over the top.
- 6Roast at 375°F for 20 minutes then pour the rest of the butter mixture over the chicken.
- 7Continue cooking for about 30 more minutes, basting with the pan juices every 10 minutes.
- 8Make sure the chicken thigh has reached 180°F before removing the chicken from the oven.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smokey Honey Glazed Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 902.8
- Calories from Fat 623
- Total Fat 69.3 g
- Saturated Fat 35.7 g
- Cholesterol 228.9 mg
- Sodium 508.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 46.5 g
- Protein 26.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: