Recipe by -JL
Came up with this one day when I was experimenting, turned out quite good so I'm sharing.
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 2 white onions or 2 yellow onions
- 1 shallot (chopped)
- 6 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 50 g taco seasoning (about half a packet)
- 40 g jalapenos (Jalapeno rinks, pickled, diced, with juice)
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper (fresh ground)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cilantro (dried)
- 200 g turkey kielbasa (Butter Ball, 1 link, chopped)
- 1 cup great northern bean (pre-soaked & washed)
- 1 cup pinto beans (pre-soaked & washed)
- 1 cup navy beans (pre-soaked & washed)
- 1 cup light kidney beans (pre-soaked & washed)
- 1 cup dark red kidney beans (pre-soaked & washed)
- 2 cups black beans (pre-soaked & washed)
- 1⁄2 cup lentils (pre-soaked & washed)
- 1 cup long grain rice
- water, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions, shallot, garlic and jalapenos in olive oil on medium heat.
- Increase temperature to medium high or high, add vegetable broth, water, taco seasoning, cilantro, and black pepper, allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add all beans, and additional water as needed. Beans should be totally covered by liquid, bring to boil and then reduce resulting in a mild simmer, allow to simmer for ~1.5 hours, stirring and adding water as needed.
- Add chopped kielbasa, and rice. Again all ingredients should be covered by liquid, add water as needed. Simmer for an additional hour stirring and adding water as needed.