Found online courtesy of NataliesKillerCuisine.com. I LOVE guacamole so this will be made soon!
Make and share this Smokey Guacamole recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large Hass avocadoes, ripened
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced with seeds removed
- 1⁄2 of a red onion, small dice
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, leafs rough chop
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked sea salt (or regular)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- Cut avocados in half all the way around, length wise. (Use the tip of a sharp knife to pull out the seed).
- Use a spoon to gently scoop out the avocado.
- Dice the avocado in large chunks and add to a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss without completely mashing the avocado.
- Serve with chips or as a condiment.
Delicious. I made a California chicken dish topping grilled chicken with guac, salsa, cheese, bacon based on what each family member wanted. My daughter enjoyed it with chips and she is my guac lover!
Very tasty, served on toasted whole grain French bread. I scaled the recipe down for one avocado and enjoyed this for lunch. Thanks! Made for Newest Zaar tag game.