Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I make this corn with the Cajun butter very often in the summer season, after you try this recipe, you will always be making this corn on the grill! Low temperature heat on the BBQ for about 30 minutes on indirect heat produces the best tender corn, the Cajun butter makes this corn so good! Don't forget, soak the corn for 1 hour, with the husks on, and only heat up one side of the barbecue for this. Double up on the Cajun butter if you are making more than 8 corn.
Top Review by ~Leslie~
Wow! We just loved this! We used fresh corn and made it exactly as written. My 5 year old thought it was great fun to smear on the butter LOL! It was different and delicious and we served it to guests who all gave it a five star rating. It was also a great conversation starter! Thanks for posting!!
- 7 -8 ears of fresh corn on the cob
- 1 lb butter, softened
- 3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons crushed hot red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Carefully remove the "silks" from the cornhusks (keeping the husks intact).
- Place the corn cobs with the silks removed in a large pot of COLD water (the corn should be completely covered with the cold water).
- Soak the corn for 1 hour.
- In the meantime prepare the cajun butter, by mixing all of the cajun butter ingredients together, adjusting ingredients to taste).
- Remove the corn from the water and shake off any excess moisture.
- Pull husks back gently.
- Smear the butter (with your hands) over all sides of the corn.
- Pull the husks back over to cover corn.
- Place the corn on a baking tray large enough to hold the cobs.
- Preheat only ONE SIDE of the barbecue to 275 degrees or to low temperature.
- Leave the other side of the grill off.
- Place the corn on the tray onto the side of the grill that has NO heat.
- Close lid, and cook the corn for about 30 minutes (the corn kernels will turn a bright yellow colour, and the butter will be fully absorbed into the flesh of the corn).
- Remove from the grill and serve immediately.