Recipe by -Sylvie-
I'm always looking for new ways of using aubergines (aka eggplant). I found this in Ideal Home magazine. Yummy, just don't think about the amount of oil.
Top Review by Soopy
This is superb. I like to try uncomplicated and simple ideas.I tried this except for ground cumin because I run out. I microwaved the aubergine, cut in half and pierce few holes with edge of knive. cover and m/wave for 3min on High or until the aubergine is tender. I lightly toasted the garlic on fried pan.And I add juice from 2 lemons.
- 2 medium aubergines
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 7 fluid ounces extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6.
- Wrap the bulb of garlic in foil and place on a baking tray together with the aubergines, bake for about 45 minutes.
- Allow them to cool off slightly when done and cut the aubergines in half.
- Using a spoon scoop out the mushy centre of the aubergine and place in a food processor.
- Squeeze the garlic out of its skin and add to the aubergine.
- Add the oil and cumin and whiz until well combined and smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.