1/2 Photos of Smokey Eastern N Carolina BBQ Without a Pit!
6 hrs 10 mins
When I lived in NC, I fell in love with their vinegar based BBQ! After moving back to GA, I missed it, and tried my hand at making it in my crock pot. I remove all visible fat from the boneless pork loin and crock until fork tender and shred it into the pork juices -- no added BBQ sauce is necessary during crocking process! After crocking, the cooked pork DOES NOT have a vinegary taste!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice boneless pork loin into 1-inch thick chops for quicker cooking.
- 2Sprinkle pork (or chops) with garlic salt.
- 3Pour red wine vinegar over chops.
- 4Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and liquid smoke.
- 5Crock for 6-7 hours on LOW, or until tender ~ pork should shred easily with a fork into the pork juices.
- 6Remove excess juices, leaving just enough so the pork remains moist! Discard juices, or freeze to use as a soup base!
- 7BBQ sauce is not necessary during crocking process ~ USE AS A GARNISH ONLY, after shredding!.
- 8If desired, serve on buttered toasted hamburger buns, with BBQ Sauce, or A-1 sauce, and dill pickle slices.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smokey Eastern N Carolina BBQ Without a Pit!
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.4
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 100.0 mg
- Sodium 80.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 31.3 g