Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
South West meets Middle East. This is delicious and healthy - what more can you ask for? Make several hours in advance to let the flavors brighten. Serve with Tortilla Chips - Mmmmm!
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo (canned)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a Food Processor or Blender.
- Puree until Smooth.
- Add Salt to taste.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 4 hour for flavours to blend.
This is interesting...It has the texture of hummus but tastes like a smokey salsa. I think the chipotle overpowers most of the other flavors besides the lime and cilantro. I tried it with whole-grain tortilla chips but think it would be better in a Southwest type wrap or pita. Definately worth a try if you enjoy chipotle flavor. Made for the Zaar tag game.