- 6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried chipotle powder or 1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- salt, to taste
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 6 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 6 hamburger buns, split, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Worcestershire sauce, chilies, garlic, chili powder, paprika, cumin, pepper, onion powder and salt in large bowl. Add beef; combine until incorporated. Form into 6 (4-inch) patties 1-inch thick.
- Heat grill. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or coals 9 to 11 minutes or until thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in center, turning once. Top with cheese; grill 30 to 60 seconds or until cheese is melted. During last 1 to 2 minutes of grilling, grill buns, cut-side down.