Recipe by AZPARZYCH
From Wisconsin Potato Sensations cookbook. Potatoes and veggies in one!
Top Review by BakinBaby
Where is the 6th star? DH and I were in tater heaven. The smoked gouda (availble at my local grocery) prepackaged , presliced, very inexpensive) gave a unique smokey flavor to mundane taters. This was a nice change to cheese potatoes and didn't pass GO, but went straight to 2011 favorite, iit surpassed cheese taters hands down. Made for ZWT7, shady Ladies. Thanks for sharing a real keeper.
- 2 lbs whole tiny new potatoes, halved
- 10 ounces frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2-2 cup milk (as needed)
- 8 ounces smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, cook potatoes, covered in a small amount of boiling water about 12 minutes or just until tender.
- Add peas; cover and cook 3 minutes; transfer to a colander to drain.
- In the same saucepan, melt butter, stir in flour.
- Add 1/2 cup milk.
- Cook and stir constantly over medium high heat until thickened and bubbly Cook and stir for 1 more minute.
- Reduce heat; add cheese.
- Cook and stir for about 15 minutes or just until cheese melts.
- Add as much of the remaining milk as needed to make a medium-thick sauce.
- Add potatoes, peas and half of the bacon; heat through.
- Transfer to a large serving dish.
- Top with remaining bacon; serve warm.