Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Smokey and tangy tastes combine to make this decadent spread! Serve cold with crackers, or broiled on a slice of bread. Appetizer or meal - you decide! As long as one of the cheese you use is smoked, you can experiment with different varieties of cheeses.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups smoked cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups gouda cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped (if using tomatoes packed in oil, drain first)
- crackers or bread
- Stir all ingredients together in large bowl.
- Serve cold, with crackers or spread on a slice of bread and broil, open-faced until cheese bubbles.
Yum yum yum and yum! I halved the recipe and because I had a bunch of sharp cheddar on hand already, I used smoked gouda as the smoked cheese. Used tomatoes not packed in oil. I am enjoying this as I type with crackers but plan on trying tomorrow as a grilled cheese or spread on bread and baked, which I know will be fabulous also! Thanks for sharing! ~Mar 30, 2012. Update: Have to add that I enjoyed this so much I ended up making another half recipe since I still had all the ingredients! Took to Easter lunch and everyone there loved it too. Thanks again!
So simple, and wonderfully tasty. I used sharp cheddar and smoked gouda. The flavors were great right away, but also became even more enhanced after chilling overnight. Served as a dip with crackers at a party, and everyone loved it. I've got just a bit more, so I'll be sure to try it warm next. Thanks for sharing! PAC Spring '12