Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
An interesting way to prepare B sprouts.
Make and share this Smokey Brussels Sprouts Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Brussels sprouts, washed and trimmed, can use frozen thawed
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese or 1 cup smoked cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F Lightly grease/spray a casserole dish and set aside.
- Cut each sprout in half. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil; add sprouts and cook until desired tenderness -- about 7-10 minutes. Drain.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, white pepper, onion salt, nutmeg, worcestershire, and crumbled bacon. Toss this mixture with the drained Brussels sprouts.
- Pour sprout mixture into prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 425 for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook an additional 10 minutes to lightly brown.
I had a hard time deciding which rating to give. I like brussels sprouts. I liked the smoked cheddar cheese I put on top. The cheese makes all the difference. The part where I'm not sure is the eggs. And I used 2 eggs. Kind of weird for me. I think I'd enjoy more without eggs. Thanks Parsley :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game