Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Side dishes should never be an afterthought, but with the demands of holiday entertaining it is tempting to devote all your energies to presenting an extraordinary main dish -- accompanied with a side dish out of a can. This holiday season, Smokey Bones Barbeque & Grill, which operates casual dining restaurants in the Eastern and Midwestern U.S., is here to help.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place pecan halves on a cooking tray and cook until toasted, approximately five to eight minutes. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Chop cooled pecans.
- Place pecans and butter in a mixer and blend for three to five minutes using a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl, as needed.
- Blend on low speed adding honey and continue until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Place in serving dish or bowl and refrigerate until ready for use.
- Serve with warm cornbread.
Good and easy!!
Awsome recipe tastes just like the original. Is now a Thanksgiving staple. Thanks for posting